Navigating the Challenges of the Oil and Gas Industry: Strategies for Sustainable Growth
In today’s competitive Oil and Gas industry, with volatile oil prices, demand and supply uncertainties, the need to reduce operating costs, whilst maintaining quality and safety, improving returns for investors and company stakeholders, what strategies should companies adopt to ensure sustainable growth?
Who Should Attend This Finance & Accounting for the Oil & Gas Industry Training Course ?
Targeted Industries For The Finance & Accounting for the Oil & Gas Industry Training Course
Learning Impact & Outcomes Of The Finance & Accounting for the Oil & Gas Industry Training Course
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify & evaluate the challenges facing the Oil & Gas sector now & in the future.
- Use skills & techniques to assist with key strategic decisions facing their company.
- Recommend appropriate financing decisions & make capital investment decisions.
- Advice on methods to eliminate or reduce financial risks facing Oil & Gas companies.
- Manage new projects/initiatives effectively, meeting Strategic Aims & Objectives.
Training is undertaken through lectures assisted by audio & visual presentations. Trainee participation is ensured through assignments. Case studies also will be discussed to help the audience with the training content. Trainees are also encouraged to share their workplace experiences. Real life experience are discussed in details by the trainer to enhance learning by experiences.
Day 1: Strategic Issues Facing the Oil & Gas Sector
- The Nature of the Oil & Gas sector.
- Current & Future Challenges within the Sector - A question of Supply & Demand Volatility: Demand, Energy Prices, Exchange Rates, Interest Rates.
- Resources & Reserves and the need for Research & Development.
- Financial Issues Impacting on Strategic Development and Growth.
Day 2: Advanced Strategic Decisions
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making in a Volatile Market Analytical Tools to Aid Strategic Planning and Decision Making Diversifying Income Streams.
- Balancing Upstream, Midstream & Downstream.
- Growth Strategies: Exploration, Diversification, Vertical & Horizontal Integration.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Production Sharing Agreements & Strategic Alliances.
Day 3: Financing Strategies in the Oil & Gas Sector:
- Sources of Finance.>
- The Optimum Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital.
- Capital Investment Appraisal: NPV, IRR, Modified IRR, Payback.
- Financial Forecasting and Analysis in Excel.
- Managing Uncertainty of Production, Prices, Capital Costs & Construction Delays Modelling Energy Prices in Capital Budgeting
Day 4: Financial Risk Management Strategies
- Developing and Implementing a Risk Management Strategy.
- Risk Analysis of Oil and Gas Projects using Excel.
- Sensitivity Analysis, Sensitivity Charts & Scenario Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation.
- Hedging Energy Prices - Interest Rates & Foreign Exchange Rates using Financial Derivatives.
- Accounting for Hedging Under IFRS.
Day 5: Project Management to Meet Strategic Aims & Objectives
- Estimating Activity Duration & Costs using Statistical and Probability Estimates Critical Path and Manpower Planning.
- Earned Value Analysis.
- Budgetary Control and Variance Analysis.
- Implementing & Managing Change, Suspension or Shut Downs.