'The Complete Corporate Finance Course' is a comprehensive training program that delves into the realms of financial accounting and management accounting, laying emphasis on their roles and applications in the Oil & Gas Industry. This course aims to demystify the concepts of finance and accounting, highlighting the differences and intersections between these two domains. It caters specifically to professionals seeking a certification in finance and accounts, by offering a thorough understanding of key topics like capital budgeting, cost of capital, and principles of corporate governance.
The course is tailored for individuals such as:
- Financial Analysts
- Finance Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Corporate Controllers
- Professionals seeking a certification in finance and accounts
Targeted Organizational Departments:
The course is beneficial for the following departments:
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
The course has been designed considering the specific financial challenges and requirements of industries like:
- Oil & Gas
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend the intricate relationship between accounting and finance
- Distinguish between finance and accounting
- Understand the nuances of corporate finance within the Oil & Gas industry context
- Apply corporate finance principles, including capital budgeting and working capital management strategies
- Understand and apply principles of corporate governance
The training methodology for this course includes:
- Interactive sessions for conceptual understanding and practical application
- Case studies focusing on the Oil & Gas industry
- Group discussions and feedback sessions for collaborative learning
- Practical sessions using a financial calculator for investment decisions
- Comprehensive discussions to elucidate the difference between financial accounting and management accounting, and between finance and accounting
Participants will be provided with:
- A financial calculator for practical sessions
- Workbook containing course materials and reference content
- Templates for drafting an investment policy statement
- Guidelines for corporate governance
- Additional resources for continued learning, especially beneficial for those seeking certification in finance and accounts
Day 1: Foundations of Financial and Management Accounting
- Topic 1: Introduction to financial accounting and its application in corporate finance.
- Topic 2: Understanding management accounting and its role in decision-making.
- Topic 3: The difference between financial accounting and management accounting.
- Reflection & Review: Reviewing the key concepts of financial and management accounting.
Day 2: Exploring Finance and Accounting in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Topic 1: Overview of finance and accounting principles specific to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Topic 2: Financial analysis in the Oil & Gas sector: Accounting practices and challenges.
- Topic 3: Applying finance and accounting principles to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Reflection & Review: Discussion on the practical application of finance and accounting in the industry.
Day 3: Capital Budgeting and Cost of Capital
- Topic 1: Capital budgeting: Methods, techniques, and decision-making criteria.
- Topic 2: Understanding the cost of capital and its impact on investment decisions.
- Topic 3: Applying capital budgeting and cost of capital concepts in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Reflection & Review: Reviewing capital budgeting and cost of capital principles.
Day 4: Working Capital Management and Liquidity
- Topic 1: What is working capital and its significance in financial management.
- Topic 2: Effective working capital management strategies in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Topic 3: Liquidity management framework: Ensuring financial stability and cash flow.
- Reflection & Review: Reviewing working capital management and liquidity strategies.
Day 5: Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Management
- Topic 1: Principles of corporate governance and their importance in corporate finance.
- Topic 2: Stakeholder mapping and analysis: Identifying key stakeholders and their interests.
- Topic 3: Integrating corporate governance and stakeholder management in decision-making.
- Reflection & Review: Reflecting on the role of corporate governance in corporate finance.
How This Course is Different from Other Corporate Finance Training Courses:
'The Complete Corporate Finance Course' stands apart due to its industry-specific approach, focusing on the Oil & Gas sector. Unlike other courses, it sheds light on the difference between financial accounting and management accounting, making it an ideal choice for professionals who seek a deeper understanding or aim to acquire certification in finance and accounts. This course not only covers the theoretical aspects but also provides practical, hands-on experience using tools such as financial calculators for capital budgeting decisions. The incorporation of corporate governance principles further augments the course's comprehensiveness and practicality.